Monday 12 October 2009

It's a fresh new start

It's been an interesting couple of months. So bear with me with the updates before I get to the fun stuff.

I'm doing my Murdoch Bachelors of Media at KDU (see how I didn't say 'I'm at KDU? Interesting point to ponder), and regardless of the hard work, I'm having fun. The classmates are great too, because unlike diploma, everybody actually has a talent for something and we all learn while competing with each other, so it's all feel good in class and competition at home.

On a related note, things are changing in the media world. Some formerly-black guy died, some former Angel died, and some former Boyzone-turned Gay man died. On more important news, David Tennant is leaving Doctor Who, and I'm finally getting to grips with the fact that an actor who I've grown to love and whose portrayal of a character is the best I've ever seen, tied with Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow (Malaysians couldn't care less bout Doctor Who, cause let's face it, we don't have the mental capability to enjoy good quality shows. Example: Aliens vs Predator). Please, stop downloading Gossip Girl and download Doctor Who (preferably, the episode Love & Monster's, which is a good episode for beginners).







David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor (Good Looking man, isn't he ladies?). Goodbye David, thanks for the good memories. Matt Smith has big shoes to fill (as the Eleventh Doctor).


In the real world, some men stepped on a cows head (probably caused they were trying to avoid the cow shit) and it seemed to piss people off. I'll just say, that these guys, dah batal puasa dah.

Now the interesting stories.


First: Met this girl named Lina. We became fast friends, mainly because her birthdays two days before mine (and the same day with my classmate, Andrea). However, here's a small network of how small our worlds are.

Lina = her best friend = my former classmate

Lina = another friend = my current classmate

Me = Aiman = Aiman's Neighbour = Lina's classmate = Lina herself

We have about 13 networks (yes Lina, I checked), thus it's a small bloody world.

Another small world story

Anna (my Screen Studies lecturer) = best friend to my diploma classmate.

And then there's Mini, Yvonne, Cassie and countless others. I believe that as far as I run, I can't get away, so I should stop running and start sitting on the couch (I gained 8 kg's by the way).

Interesting funny stories:

Mini (whose mixed Indian, Thai, Chinese, and countless others) didn't come to class one day. Thus, 

Andrea: Bob why is Mini not coming to class?

Bob: She's at the Thai embassy.

Andrea: WHAT? WHY?

Bob: She got caught supporting HINDRAF. They're trying to sort things out.

Andrea: OMFG! MINI SUPPORTS HINDRAF?


Bob: No

And then, of course, the roles are reversed.

Andrea missed a couple of days of classes (and she's never one to miss classes. She's the class leader and secretary) because she was sick, with an eye infection which made her half blind for a couple of days.

Mini: Did Andrea come to class today?

Bob: No. She lost one eye yesterday cause of an accident.

Mini: WTF? What happened?!

Bob: She fell on a cat and the cat scratched her eye out.




Mini: ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!

Bob: No.
These two girls, who are my posse, homies, boys in the hood in class, are intelligent, sophisticated women (pretty too). So it feels good that I can pull their legs. :D

I'm off. I'll get back to my normal ramblings about society, media and friends soon :D

See ya

The great and Bountiful Bob Empire

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm shamelessly plugging Devon Awesome's name, because, hey, he needs a real life counterpart. I must warn you that the stuff I write is rather offensive, so if your not offended, you don't get the joke. Start reading a book.